The River Danube
The River Danube cycle tour is aimed at any recreational cyclist looking for an alternative to a River Danube boat cruise. Enjoy the luxury of a fully supported cycle tour complete with riding guide, luggage transfer and picnic or packed lunches.
The cycling will be relaxed and easy and importantly it will be on dedicated cycle paths so we are away from the traffic. Joining our ‘Road to Vienna’ cycle tour in Nuremburg, we will first head to Regensburg. From here, the EuroVelo 6 will take us all the way to our destination in Vienna passing through Deggendorf, Passau, Linz, Persenbeug and Krems an der Donau on the way. Expect to see picturesque towns and villages, birdlife, lush forests, towering escarpments, romantic castles, tourists ships, working boats and the Danube in all her glory.
Included in the price (based on two people sharing) all accommodation, breakfast and a picnic or packed lunch each day. Your luggage will be transferred in our support van each day and we will be on hand to deal with any minor mechanical issues, and if we can’t fix it on the trail we will get your bike to a local repair shop and you can ride our spare bike until it is fixed.
- Cycling along the River Danube on EuroVelo 6
- Wachau Valley
- Romantic castles
- Picturesque towns and villages
Your accommodation, on a twin share bed and breakfast basis, will be in hotels, typically chain hotels, along with carefully selected family run hotels and good quality bed and breakfasts. NB Single accommodation is available for a supplement.
A packed lunch will be provided.
You will need to purchase your own evening meals, which are usually eaten communally, although you are free to opt out if you wish.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
We offer a bike delivery and collection service. Please get in touch with us for details.
The route of this tour is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
- Depart fromNuremberg, Germany
- Return fromVienna, Austria
- Road surfacesMostly flat with occasional hill. Mostly on cycle paths (expect gravel), roads near cities.
- Bike TypeHybrid / Tourer / Road bike with tyres 26mm or above
- IncludedThe River DanubeAccommodationLunchCycling guideGPX filesVehicle supportBaggage transfer
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)Bike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas