Our Northern Spain trip is in the Cantabria region of Northern Spain. Cantabria is a region interspersed with mountain ranges, emerald valleys, canyons and gorges. The rugged beautiful coastlines are a pleasure to explore, especially on a bike. However, by Spanish standards it remains relatively undeveloped.
Over six days, you will cover around 370 miles with over 27000ft of ascents. We recommend this trip is at those with experience of multi-day cycling trips and with good fitness. Our team will be available to offer guidance and encouragement with the addition of the support van, which at convenient points to provide assistance.
The trip starts in Santander where we spend one night before setting off for Reinosa and our hotel for the next 5 nights. Reinosa, set on the river Ebro, dates back to the Middle Ages and will be a delightful base with a choice of restaurants offering traditional Cantabrian food.
- Fully Guided and Supported
- Santander, Cantabrian Coast
- Cycle through Parque Natural Saja-Besaya national park
- Climbs of the Puerto de Braguia, Puerto Seguro
- Great climbing experience to highest road El Golobar
- Beautiful natural setting around Ebro Reservoir
- Picturesque region of Castile and León
- Small group size – max 12
Your accommodation will be on a bed and breakfast basis in hotels in Santander and Reinosa. The cost is on a twin share basis, although single rooms may be available, subject to availability, on payment of a £250 supplement.
A packed lunch will be provided but you will need to purchase your own evening meals, which are usually eaten communally although of course you are free to opt out if you wish.
We will carry emergency energy gels and bars in the support van but you are advised to bring along your own preferred sports nutrition to fuel your ride.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Arrival / Departure Transfers
With multiple options of flights and ferry available from UK, you are free to make your way into Santander and our crew will meet you at the hotel.
We will happily transport your bike to Santander and back at no extra charge. If you drop your bike off at our Sheffield office up to three days before departure we will carefully pack it in the support van, drive it to the start and then return it to Sheffield ready for you to collect. If that isn’t convenient then depending where you live we may be able to collect your bike on our journey from Sheffield to Portsmouth. Please get in touch with us to discuss arrangements.
Alternatively for those not wanting to take their own it is possible to rent bikes in Santander.
The Northern Spain route is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
- Depart fromSantander, Spain
- Return fromSantander, Spain
- Road surfacesLots of Hills. Mainly Tarmac (conditions can vary).
- Bike TypeRoad bike
- IncludedNorthern SpainAccommodationLunchCycling guideGPX filesVehicle supportBaggage transfer
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)Bike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas