This is our new trip in the Cantabria region of Northern Spain. Cantabria is a region interspersed with mountain ranges, emerald valleys, canyons and gorges and rugged beautiful coastlines and is a pleasure to explore, especially on a bike. And yet by Spanish standards it remains relatively undeveloped.
Six days of excellent cycling covering around 370 miles and with over 27000ft of ascents this trip is aimed at those with experience of multi-day cycling trips and with good fitness. Our cycling support team will be on hand to offer guidance and encouragement, with the support van waiting at convenient points along each route to provide assistance.
The trip starts in Santander where we spend one night before setting off for Reinosa and our hotel for the next 5 nights. Reinosa, set on the river Ebro, dates back to the Middle Ages and will be a delightful base with a choice of restaurants offering traditional Cantabrian food.
- Fully Guided and Supported
- Santander, Cantabrian Coast
- Cycle through Parque Natural Saja-Besaya national park
- Climbs of the Puerto de Braguia, Puerto Seguro
- Great climbing experience to highest road El Golobar
- Beautiful natural setting around Ebro Reservoir
- Picturesque region of Castile and León
- Free bike transfers from UK
- Small group size – we limit the numbers to 12
Your accommodation will be on a bed and breakfast basis in hotels in Santander and Reinosa. The cost is on a twin share basis, although single rooms may be available, subject to availability, on payment of a £250 supplement.
A packed lunch will be provided but you will need to purchase your own evening meals, which are usually eaten communally although of course you are free to opt out if you wish.
We will carry emergency energy gels and bars in the support van but you are advised to bring along your own preferred sports nutrition to fuel your ride.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Arrival / Departure Transfers
With multiple options of flights and ferry available from UK, you are free to make your way into Santander and our crew will meet you at the hotel.
We will happily transport your bike to Santander and back at no extra charge. If you drop your bike off at our Sheffield office up to three days before departure we will carefully pack it in the support van, drive it to the start and then return it to Sheffield ready for you to collect. If that isn’t convenient then depending where you live we may be able to collect your bike on our journey from Sheffield to Portsmouth. Please get in touch with us to discuss arrangements.
Alternatively for those not wanting to take their own it is possible to rent bikes in Santander.
The route of this tour is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
- Depart fromSantander, Spain
- Return fromSantander, Spain
- Road surfacesLots of Hills. Mainly Tarmac (conditions can vary).
- Bike TypeRoad bike
- IncludedNorthern SpainAccommodationLunchCycling guideGPX filesVehicle supportBaggage transfer
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)Bike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas