The Road to Hamburg
This six day leisurely cycling tour takes us from the Hook of Holland to Hamburg using mostly the excellent cycle paths of The Netherlands and northern Germany. Starting on the North Sea Cycle route we head inland towards Amsterdam and then on through the, mostly flat, landscape of Holland and into Lower Saxony. This very rural route passes through small villages and towns crossing the border and making our way to the cities of Bremen and on to Hamburg.
With a cycling infrastructure second to none, this part of northern Europe is an absolute pleasure to ride and is suitable for any cyclist happy to ride for 5-6 hours a day over 7 days.
- Markermeer waterscape
- Moor Belt Nature Reserve
- Picturesque villages
- German beer!
Your accommodation, on a twin share bed and breakfast basis, will be in hotels, typically Premier Inns or Holiday Inns, along with carefully selected family run hotels and good quality bed and breakfasts.
Single accommodation is available for a supplement price of £300
A packed lunch will be provided.
You will need to purchase your own evening meals, which are usually eaten communally, although you are free to opt out if you wish.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
We offer a bike delivery and collection service. Please get in touch with us for details.
The route of this tour is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
- Depart fromHarwich International Port, Essex, UK
- Return fromHamburg, Germany
- Road surfacesMostly flat. Mostly on cycle paths (expect some gravel), roads near cities.
- Bike TypeHybrid / Tourer / Road bike with touring tyres
- IncludedThe Road to HamburgAccommodationLunchCycling guideGPX filesVehicle supportBaggage transfer
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)Bike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas