The rugged landscape of Bhutan provides exceptional terrain for this spectacular cycle tour. The Himalayan scenery is stunning. The fresh crisp mountain air, combined with the very light traffic condition’s therefore makes Bhutan a very appealing destination for all cyclists.
Although a variety of bikes may be useful, we strongly recommend hard-tail mountain bikes, preferably equipped with slick tyres. Despite the sometimes challenging terrain, the beautiful views and scenery will definitely make the hard work worth it. As you would expect in the Himalayas there are some strenuous climbs but these are ameliorated for by the beauty of this landlocked diminutive kingdom which measures just twice the size of Wales.
Throughout the tour we ascend some of the most famous mountain passes in Bhutan. For example Dochula, Pelela, Yotongla and Thrumshingla. Every climb will reward you with kilometre after kilometre of exuberant descent.
At the end of this cycle tour you will have a lifetime to ponder on the nature of Bhutan, is it a modern day ‘Shangri La’? Book now and you may come close to finding the answer. Can you afford to miss this amazing opportunity?
- Bhutan, “Land of the Thunder Dragon” in the Himalayas
- A magnificent crossing of the Buddhist kingdom
- 750km in 9 days over the highest pass in Bhutan: Thrumshing La at 3554m
- World-renowned site – Tiger Nest Monastery at Paro
On this trip all of the hotels we stay in are friendly and with character, and in diverse locations because we want to provide the best cultural experience possible.
Breakfast is included throughout the trip; additionally lunch and dinner is included on some days.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
You will independently book and pay for flights costs, however we are happy to give advice or help book your flights for you.
The Bhutan cycling route is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could effect our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate. The tour leader will give instructions and advice throughout the trip.
Download the Bhutan Itinerary
- Depart fromDelhi, India
- Return fromDelhi, India
- Road surfacesLots of hills with flat sections. Tarmac, off road (conditions can vary).
- Bike TypeMountain bike
- IncludedBhutan CyclingAccommodationLunchCycling guideVehicle supportBaggage transferBike hireAirport transfers
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)GPX filesTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsTravel insuranceVisas