The rugged landscape of Bhutan provides exceptional terrain for this spectacular cycle tour. The Himalayan scenery is stunning and the fresh crisp mountain air, combined with the very light traffic condition’s make Bhutan a very appealing destination for cyclists of all denominations.
We find the best bicycle for this tour is a hard-tail mountain bike, equipped with slick tyres. As you would expect in the Himalayas there are some strenuous climbs but these are ameliorated for by the beauty of this landlocked diminutive kingdom which measures just twice the size of Wales.
Over the course of the tour we will be ascending some of the most famous mountain passes in Bhutan including Dochula, Pelela, Yotongla and Thrumshingla and for every climb you will be enjoying kilometre after kilometre of exuberant descent.
At the end of this cycle tour you will have a lifetime to ponder on the nature of Bhutan, is it a modern day ‘Shangri La’? Come on this tour and you may come closer to the answer.
- Bhutan, “Land of the Thunder Dragon” in the Himalayas
- A magnificent crossing of the Buddhist kingdom
- 750km in 9 days over the highest pass in Bhutan: Thrumshing La at 3554m
- World-renowned site – Tiger Nest Monastery at Paro
On this trip all of the hotels we stay in are friendly and with character, and in diverse locations.
Breakfast is included throughout the trip; on some days lunch and dinner is included.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Flights costs are not included in the tour, however we are happy to give you advice or book your flights for you.
The route of this tour is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
Download the Bhutan Itinerary
- Depart fromDelhi, India
- Return fromDelhi, India
- Road surfacesLots of hills with flat sections. Tarmac, off road (conditions can vary).
- Bike TypeMountain bike
- IncludedBhutan CyclingAccommodationLunchCycling guideVehicle supportBaggage transferBike hireAirport transfers
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)GPX filesTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsTravel insuranceVisas