The Road to Berlin
Our Road to Berlin tour sees you cycling from the Hook of Holland, across the Netherlands and Germany, and finishing in Berlin.
This trip is part of the EuroVelo route 2, or the Capitals route, which starts in Dublin and takes you all the way to Moscow. It takes in seven European countries passing through Berlin, Warsaw and Minsk and combining various cycle paths.
Our trip starts in Amsterdam – one of the most cycle friendly cities in Europe – and heads east to Berlin. Cycling some of the best traffic-free paths with gorgeous scenery, history and modern cosmopolitan cities to see on the journey. We finish at the iconic Brandenburg Gate.
Your accommodation, on a twin share bed and breakfast basis, will be in hotels, typically carefully selected family run hotels, good quality bed and breakfasts where available. NB Single accommodation is available for a supplement of £350.
A packed lunch will be provided.
You will need to purchase your own evening meals, which are usually eaten communally, although you are free to opt out if you wish.
In the Tour Plan, (B, L, D) refers to meals included in the trip cost i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
We offer a bike delivery and collection service. Please get in touch with us for details.
The route of this tour is flexible and should be seen as a guide only. Local conditions, weather or fitness could lead to changes in our daily plans. All times and distances are approximate.
- Depart fromHarwich International Port, Essex
- Return fromBerlin, Germany
- Road surfacesMostly flat with occasional hill. Mostly on cycle paths (expect gravel), roads near cities.
- Bike TypeHybrid / Tourer / Road bike with tyres 26mm or above
- IncludedThe Road to BerlinAccommodationLunchCycling guideGPX filesVehicle supportBaggage transfer
- Not IncludedEvening meals (unless specified)Bike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas