Peak District Training Weekend
The Peak District weekend is intended for anyone booked on one of our holidays, considering one or just wanting a fun weekend cycling in the Peak District. Our aim is to make your two days as enjoyable and instructive as possible. We hope you’ll leave not only having improved your group riding skills, navigation and hill climbing techniques but also with good memories of a fun weekend.
The event creates an example of how a day on one of our holidays along would be like. You have the added advantage of tips from our guide. The course aims to give you the opportunity for some back to back days cycling experience. We will also discuss some issues surrounding group riding. We’ll also cover the essentials of bike maintenance and roadside repairs. We will be supplying gpx files of the routes beforehand so you can practice using any navigation device you are planning to use for your holiday.
First of all, we have a full day cycling into the Peak District planned on Saturday and a half day on Sunday. Therefore an opportunity to practice hill climbing and also meet like-minded people. You never know, they could be your next cycling holiday buddy!
The price includes two nights accommodation on a twin sharing basis (single rooms are available upon request for a supplement). You will need to budget for your meals during the day (we will have at least one café stop on each ride) and evening meals.
- Lessons on how to ride in a group
- Essentials of bike maintenance
- Repairing punctures
- How to use GPX
- Depart fromSheffield, UK
- Return fromSheffield, UK
- Road surfacesHills and flatter surfaces. Tarmac (conditions can vary).
- Bike TypeRoad / Hybrid / Touring Bike
- IncludedPeak District Training WeekendAccommodationCycling guideGPX files
- Not IncludedLunchEvening meals (unless specified)Vehicle supportBaggage transferBike hireTravel to start & from finishInternational flightsAirport transfersTravel insuranceVisas